Sunday, November 8, 2009

My "Say NO to Health Care Reform Bill" Trek to D.C. Part III

On our way to the Cannon building to see some of our "employees"...a.k.a., Senators and Congressman. It took us an hour to get through the crowds and lines.

Below: Protesters demonstrating outside of the Cannon building.


People in line to say "howdy" to their friendly State Representatives.

We are a little closer to getting inside.




Almost theeerre...


This is where I was interviewed by CNN. (I haven't seen it yet, so I guess they didn't like what I had to say. I wasn't overly emotional either and that really doesn't make for "good" news.)


-basically I whipped out the papers I came prepared with and quoted parts of the bill that I was concerned about.


Such as:

• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the government option!
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!

• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!

• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)

• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.

...Just to name a few



*I found tons of references on the Internet that broke this bill down. http://www.freerepublic.com/ was quoted the most.*





No comments:

Post a Comment