Thursday, October 29, 2009

From Hope's last days on earth

Friday, June 20, 2008

One of those days (or mornings)
Well it's 3:45 am, FRI. We are suppose to get up in about an hour and a half to leave for Fl. Good thing I'm not drivin'. I just finished putting together photo albums for Hope's four sisters and Aubrey (Alan's brother). They have copies of a lot of Hope's pics from over the years. Alan and I thought it would be a nice gift for the family. The albums also include a DVD of the memorial slide show. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. The albums came out really pretty. they are moss green and covered in handmade paper. There is a place on the front for Hope's pic and I ran a beautiful floral ribbon up the spine and tied bow at the top. The colors reminded me of Hope. As soon as I can figure out how to down/up- load pics I'll post a pic of the albums.Gotta finish cleaning up the scrap-book stuff and take a nap. I'll post again when we get back from Fl.Nighty-night. or nappy-nap. or whatever.
Posted by Tina K at 12:53 AM 1 comments
Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Trying to finish up memorial stuff.
I would like to send a HUGE shout out to Maryann and Cassidy Nichols for helping/doing the slide show presentation for Hope's memorial service. When I can figure it out I'll post it. It's quite beautiful.Cassidy is a very talented up-n-coming film maker that just won first place in a YouTube contest. You go girl!!! Here is the link to her winning video. (I think.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnByUiYmBA
Posted by Tina K at 7:39 PM 1 comments
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Color, color, color!
O-kay. I know. I get it. I've been told by a couple of very good friends that I need more color on my blog. I totally agree. There's the whole novice blogger thing in my way. I try to learn something new each time I get on. I think my processor's slow (mine not the computer's).Anyway this is a work in progress. Please feel free to "comment" any tips of the trade.
Posted by Tina K at 2:00 PM 4 comments
Friday, June 13, 2008

Dressing Hope for the Celestial Kingdom.
I went to the funeral home to dress Hope today. Her RS president, visiting teacher, and some other sweet sisters helped. It was a very spiritual experience. She looked great. Just like the Hope we were used to seeing before her decline. I was honored that she asked to take part in this.
Posted by Tina K at 2:09 PM 0 comments


'til we meet again.
Today at 2:45pm, Alcie Hope Kendall (Hopie), passed from this life to the next. She is no longer in pain and I am sure she is having a happy reunion w/ her beloved Daddy. I know she is watching over us and will be there with open arms when it is our turn to pass through the veil.We love you Mom, Sister, Friend, Grandma, our Hopie.
Posted by Tina K at 2:27 PM 0 comments

So I am in Fl...
I am in Fl on family biz. My husband's Mother is passing away. Alan (my dh), wanted to spend these last days on earth with her. Kind of a sad way to start a blog, isn't it? Not really. We believe in eternal life. We believe that this mortal life is but a stage or step in the eternal scheme of things.This is a quote from our church's web site. I felt like I couldn't sum it up any better."From an earthly perspective, physical death? may seem like an end, though it is really a step forward in Heavenly Father’s plan. At the time of physical death, your spirit will leave your body and go to the spirit world?, where you will continue to learn and progress. In the spirit world, your memories of this life and the knowledge you have gained on Earth will remain with you.Death will not change your personality or your desire for good or evil. If you choose to follow Jesus Christ during your life on Earth, you will be at peace in the spirit world. Those who choose not to follow Christ and do not repent will be unhappy.Heavenly Father knew that many of His children would never have an opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ during their lives and that others would choose not to follow Him. Because He loves His children and is just, God provided a way for those in the spirit world to learn about His plan, have faith in Jesus Christ, and repent. Those who choose to accept and follow Jesus Christ will have peace and rest.Sometime after your death, your spirit and your body will be reunited—never to be separated again. This reuniting is called resurrection?, and it was made possible by the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. You will remain in the spirit world until you are resurrected."You can learn more by linking on the link below. We call it the Plan of Salvation.http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/heavenly-father-s-plan-of-salvation/life-after-death#dHope (my mil) is one of the most incredible women I know. She endured a lot and her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ never wavered. I hope I can be as strong as she is.
Posted by Tina K at 9:57 AM 1 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment