Thursday, October 29, 2009

Twilight (from June 23, 2008)

I am back!!!! Yes. That's right. I'm back. Never to cross the Fl/ Ga border again. (At least for a couple of months.)

Hope's memorial service and internment went really well. It was very sweet. I am looking forward to getting back to normal....that's what I thought until IT happened.

I can't help it. I don't remember the last time I've been sooo mesmerized. I have to share w/ my dd Jaden and there is just simply not enough to go around. I really didn't think that once I started I wouldn't be able to stop. They should make a patch for something like this. Maybe I need an intervention. I've never done drugs and yet this need to have more. Sigh.

Twilight.... it's the latest rave. I didn't realize how intense it's addiction was until I cracked open the pages of the already used book. Worn and broken in by it previous users, the pages were easy to turn and held their place while I hungrily supped up the words.

Stephanie Meyers, the author/drug word lord, must have known the effect her words would have on society. She must have known what the result would be when her lexical-heroin reached the street corner of Barnes and Noble. She must have anticipated the returns as she sent her hard and soft bound crack mules to all the Borders around the world. I know I should make a stand and try as I might to stop her... but, alas. sigh. I merely do not have the strength to withstand this influence any longer. This why I write this in my blog. I hope to entreat someone to my aid.

I must now concentrate on how to retrieve New Moon (the second book of the series) from Jaden. I think she is coming down with a fever, maybe a cough and needs some, hmmmm, NyQuil. Yes, that will do it. She should sleep for a good 10 hours. HE, he, he.

*No. Really. It's a GREAT book. I don't drug my children for my own selfish reasons. I hope I can wait til 10 when Jaden goes to bed and finish the book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment